Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kindergarten Writing

    This is my first year teaching Kindergarten and the time is flying by. This last week we wrote about what we would do if Santa were stuck in our chimney after reading the book Santa's Stuck by: Rhonda Gowler Greene. I found the idea on Pinterest, there were a few different blogs that had similar Santa writing. I made the chimney using red card stock and cutting about 2 inches off the top and then using a ruler to draw the lines that made it look like bricks. I then sent it through the copier onto red card stock. I then cut the same 2 inches off of each of the copies and used them as Santa's legs by cutting it in half. We used black construction paper for the top of the chimney and feet. I then made a small journal page for what they would do if Santa were stuck. We added cotton balls to the top and glued our writing in the middle. To finish the bulletin board off I made a giant chimney using butcher paper and added the cotton balls along the top, as well as, drawing the lines on the chimney.  





No comments:

Post a Comment